(Please define the role of the post within the team, describing its leadership role, if any, its external/internal work relationships or contacts and the contextual environment in which it operates)
There are currently more than one
million Syrian refugees registered with UNHCR in Lebanon, which makes Lebanon
the highest refugee-hosting country per capita in the world. There are no
approved camps in the country, and refugees are living in more than 1,700
locations across the country. The refugee response is led by the Government and
local actors, supported by the international community.
As the designated lead agency in the
refugee response, UNHCR has established a sector-based structure in Beirut and
in the field. The structure brings together over 100 UN agencies, national and
international NGO partners in identifying and agreeing on the strategic
priorities to address the needs of Syrian refugees and other affected
populations. The Lebanon national response falls under the Regional Refugee and
Resilience Plan (3RP), whereby UNHCR guides the refugee response and UNDP
facilitates the resilience and stabilization component.
The UNHCR operational response in
Lebanon is the largest for the organization. Media attention and the frequency of influential
high-profile visitors is high. The Office are located in Beirut, Zahle,
Tripoli, Tyre, and Qobayat.
Under the supervision Admin/Finance Officer, the Administrative/Human Resources Associate is responsible for assisting the office/division in the implementation of general administrative and human resources management tasks. The Supervisor will provide general guidance and work plans for identifying work priorities and appropriate approaches. Work is controlled for meeting expected results and conformity to policy and procedures.
Contacts on administrative/human resources related issues are mainly with DHRM, PAPS/Budapest, travel and visa unit. External contacts are with local suppliers.
(Please describe the functions to be performed by the incumbent of the post, focusing on the deliverables or the achievements expected from the job. Describe also the engagement and the degree of relationships with clients/partners, and the impact of actions)
- Processes entitlements, issues of contracts and maintains various personnel records and files.
- Assists in the recruitment of GS staff by evaluating candidate applications and arranging preliminary interviews.
- Briefs staff on general administrative matters relating to visas, licences, security; provides advice and ensures administrative support as required.
- Attends meetings on day-to-day admin. matters; administers the movement of staff members, their attendance, leave plan, overtime, etc. Assists in the preparation of stationary order.
- Assists in processing and preparation of requisition of equipment and services for the Office/Division.
- Prepares, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
- In addition to general administration responsibilities, may also coordinate activities related to office maintenance, security, transport and similar services.
- Provides interpretation of administrative and human resources rules, regulations and procedures.
- Selects and enters data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Assists in the preparation of up-to-date staffing data and keeps track of vacancies, draft memorandum for hiring TA staff, consultants, interns and other short-term personnel, including preparation and processing of related documentation and ordinates processing of human resources issues with DHRM Geneva and PAPS Budapest.
- Assists in preparing administrative budget and staffing for annual submissions and reviews.
- Performs other duties as required.
(List a maximum of six (06) reference numbers and names of the applicable functional and/or managerial competencies which illustrate behaviours that are essential to achieving deliverables described above, and that are critical to successful performance. – CMS booklet provides reference numbers, competency names, definitions and indicators –
X001 ||Analytical Thinking
X002 || Innovation and Creativity
X003 ||Technological Awareness
X004 ||Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
X005 ||Planning and Organizing
X006 ||Policy Development and Research
X007 ||Political Awareness
X008 ||Stakeholder Management
X009 ||Change Capability and Adaptability
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
(please define the educational background, the relevant job experience and the language(s) that are essential to perform the work of the post)
- Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- Minimum 6 years of job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office Word, Excel, Power Point, Org Plus and People Soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
(Describe any experience or knowledge that would be an asset, such as UNHCR Learning Programmes /Other training / additional languages /Field, HQs experience, etc…)
- Knowledge in UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). UNHCR strongly encourage qualified female applicants for this position. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for written test and/or oral interview.