Define the role of the position within the team, describing its leadership role, if any, it’s external/internal work relationships or contacts, the contextual environment in which it operates and the scope of supervision received, and where applicable, exercised by the incumbent.
There are currently more than one million Syrian refugees registered with UNHCR in Lebanon, which makes Lebanon the highest refugee-hosting country per capita in the world. There are no approved camps in the country, and refugees are living in more than 1,700 locations across the country. The refugee response is led by the Government and local actors, supported by the international community.
As the designated lead agency in the refugee response, UNHCR has established a sector-based structure in Beirut and in the field. The structure brings together over 100 UN agencies, national and international NGO partners in identifying and agreeing on the strategic priorities to address the needs of Syrian refugees and other affected populations. The Lebanon national response falls under the Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan (3RP), whereby UNHCR guides the refugee response and UNDP facilitates the resilience and stabilization component.
The UNHCR operational response in Lebanon is the largest for the organization. Media attention and the frequency of influential high-profile visitors is high. The Office are located in Beirut, Zahle, Tripoli, Tyre, and Qobayat.
UNHCR sees significant opportunities in developing a dedicated Middle Donor Programme tailored to donors in the MENA region. A successful Middle Donor Programme will not only grow UNHCR’s income, but also it will offer an attractive proposition to prospect donors prepared to increase their giving levels if they are given the chance.
The incumbent will manage a portfolio of around 3,000 middle donors, lead on the development of the Middle Donor Programme tailored for MENA, besides managing budgets and reports on spending and return on investment. He/She should prepare and submit regular reports on all contacts with donors, prospects and volunteers while maintaining a sufficient records, contact reports and background data to facilitate periodic reports on activities from ROI.
Describe the accountabilities, responsibilities and authorities associated with the position.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- Design and set-up of tailored middle donor program for MENA in line with the global middle donor strategy.
- Development and management of an annual donor communications plan.
- Development of cultivation and fundraising materials based on the plan
- Develops and fosters strong relationships with different Middle donor program partners, including internal stakeholders, and external suppliers.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Manage a portfolio of around 3,000 middle donors and manage regular communication in cooperation with the Major gifts program and the IG fundraising unit utilizing existing or newly created communications, appeals and retention activities.
- Manage budgets and report on spending and return on investment.
- Manage the development of all the creative, production and services related to the middle donor program.
- Schedule and set objectives for individual research, cultivation, solicitation, and contacts with high priority donors and prospects: average calls, e-mails and meetings as per the KPIs for each band of the middle donor program.
- Produce in conjunction with the PSP Officer the Middle Value Donor budget and provide financial forecasts.
- Contact prospects to determine capability and propensity for joining the middle donors program with an increased level of giving, while achieving individual and department financial goals.
- Solicit, negotiate agreement and close gifts with potential donors.
- Participate in setting and achieving annual campaign goals.
- Keep up-to-date with giving techniques and strategies to increase or maintain gifts from middle donors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports on the progress made and different KPIs.
- Works with cross-functional project teams to create and implement short and long-term online marketing strategies.
- Using testing and analysis to inform changes and development of the middle donor program strategy.
which illustrate behaviours that are essential to achieving deliverables described above, and that are critical to successful performance. All jobs require the staff to abide to the Values and Core competencies of UNHCR. Where applicable, select a maximum of six Managerial and three Cross-Functional Competencies. (Note that the Performance Appraisal and Management System (PAMS) allows for up to five Cross-Functional Competencies to be selected by the staff member and the supervisor.
X001 ||Analytical Thinking
X002 || Innovation and Creativity
X003 ||Technological Awareness
X004 ||Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
X005 ||Planning and Organizing
X006 ||Policy Development and Research
X007 ||Political Awareness
X008 ||Stakeholder Management
X009 ||Change Capability and Adaptability
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
Define the educational background, the relevant job experience and the language(s) that are essential to perform the work of the position.
- Completion of Secondary School with Certificate/Training preferably with Bachelor's degree in Communication, Marketing, Business or other associated field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in account and relationship management, handling high profile accounts and/or individuals.
- Knowledge of the UN system preferably with UNHCR or another UN Agency is a plus.
- Experience working with individuals and business leaders in the Gulf region, and strong knowledge of the Gulf and Arab market and cultural trends.
- Previous experience in fundraising and donor services is an asset.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES.
Describe any experience or knowledge that would be an asset, such as: UNHCR Learning Programmes, other training, additional languages, Field/HQs experience, etc.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills are essential.
- Diligent, self-motivated and creative individual with ability to manage multiple areas of responsibility.
- Problem solving and decision making skills, excellent Relationship Management, Customer Service and Communication Skills.
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced and busy environment and to delegate task assignments as needed.
- Good judgment, high energy, a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Target driven and has good knowledge and understanding of ROI.
- Required excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Database Management.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). UNHCR strongly encourage qualified female applicants for this position. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for written test and/or oral interview.