Define the role of the position within the team, describing its leadership role, if any, it’s external/internal work relationships or contacts, the contextual environment in which it operates and the scope of supervision received, and where applicable, exercised by the incumbent.
Eight years into the Syria crisis, Lebanon remains the country hosting the largest number of refugees per capita, with nearly 950,000 Syrian refugees registered with UNHCR, about 20,000 refugees of other origins - mostly Iraqi - and Palestine refugees under UNRWA’s mandate. There are no formal camps for Syrian refugees in Lebanon, and refugees are living in hundreds of communities and locations across the country.
The refugee response is led by the Government and UNHCR and UNDP, supported by the international community. As the designated lead agency in the refugee response, UNHCR has established a sector- based structure in Beirut and in the ﬁeld. The structure brings together over 150 UN agencies, national and international NGO partners [over 150 actors, including UN agencies, national and international NGOs and Ministries] in identifying and agreeing on the strategic priorities to address the needs of Syrian refugees and vulnerable Lebanese communities. The Lebanon Chapter of the Response Plan falls under the Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan (3RP), whereby UNHCR guides the refugee response and UNDP facilitates the resilience and stabilization component.
The UNHCR operational response in Lebanon is one of the largest for the organization. Media attention and the frequency of inﬂuential high-proﬁle visitors is high. The Oﬃce has grown substantially in the past years and is currently operating with around 650 staﬀ. Aside from the country oﬃce in the capital city of Beirut, UNHCR has ﬁeld oﬃces in Mount Lebanon, Qobayat, Tripoli, Tyre and Zahle.
The position is normally supervised by a Professional or senior General Service staﬀ member who provides the incumbent with regular guidance and support. Subject to the nature of the task/assignment, he/she will work independently on routine tasks, while will follow instructions of the supervisor for more complex issues. The position has no supervisory role.
Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are not frequent. In the Field locations, under supervision of the manager, the incumbent may play a liaison role with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
Describe the accountabilities, responsibilities and authorities associated with the position.
- The Oﬃce has reliable tools and applications.
- Accurate and Timely data output including (Cash related ﬁles, Assistance Lists)
- Provide support for Cash program.
- Generate bank ﬁles (Upload, Reversal, activation, Block, Embossment) according to the SOP. Keeps a valid paper trail for the CASH program according the SOP.
- Prepare, Support, and manage distribution, this includes supporting the distribution at the ﬁeld level by providing technical advice and providing the distribution system.
- Assist program unit to cross check diﬀerent types of lists like, Inclusion, referrals, etc.
- Generate service (assistance) lists for UNHCR ﬁeld oﬃce and other UN agencies and IPs, this includes (Cash, Food, Health, etc.)
- Provide Support and Ad-Hoc queries when needed.
- Assist UNHCR ﬁeld oﬃces to cross check diﬀerent types of lists.
- Participate in the development of new versions and enhancements for the current applications and platforms.
- Troubleshooting and debugging system errors and provide bug ﬁxes.
- Support and maintain database infrastructure like cash servers, SharePoint database, etc. Support and maintain database service like replication.
- Provide user support for UNHCR applications and tools.
- Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents and escalate issues to the supervisor if incident cannot be resolved within the scope of responsibility.
- Appropriate Data access to the task in hand.
which illustrate behaviours that are essential to achieving deliverables described above, and that are critical to successful performance. All jobs require the staff to abide to the Values and Core competencies of UNHCR. Where applicable, select a maximum of six Managerial and three Cross-Functional Competencies. (Note that the Performance Appraisal and Management System (PAMS) allows for up to five Cross-Functional Competencies to be selected by the staff member and the supervisor.
X001 ||Analytical Thinking
X002 || Innovation and Creativity
X003 ||Technological Awareness
X004 ||Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
X005 ||Planning and Organizing
X006 ||Policy Development and Research
X007 ||Political Awareness
X008 ||Stakeholder Management
X009 ||Change Capability and Adaptability
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
Define the educational background and the language(s) that are essential to perform the work of the position.
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certiﬁcate in Electronic Data Processing, Information Technology or related ﬁeld.
- Strong T-SQL programming knowledge, preferably Microsoft SQL Server. Knowledge of basic software development.
- Minimum 2 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
Describe any experience or knowledge that would be an asset, such as: UNHCR Learning Programmes, other training, additional languages, Field/HQs experience, etc.
- Adequate Microsoft Access knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of any other relevant UN or local language.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or speciﬁc training relevant to functions of the position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (applicafion, interview meefing, processing, training or any other fees). UNHCR strongly encourage qualiﬁed female applicants for this posifion, applicafions form individuals with special needs are encouraged. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for the writen test and/or oral interview.